Image: USA Today
- Monday: The MLB decided to move the 2021 All-Star game and Amateur Draft out of Atlanta, and will move it to Coors Field in Colorado. This sudden move is due to the voting laws passed by Georgia. The plan is to still honor legend, Hank Aaron during the weekend.
- Tuesday: The New York Yankees acquired veteran second baseman Rougned Odor from the Texas Rangers in exchange for outfielders, Josh Stowers, Antonio Cabello and cash.
- Wednesday: The Chicago White Sox placed shortstop Tim Anderson on the 10-day IL due to a strained left hamstring he suffered against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Thursday: The MLB is investigating baseballs thrown by Los Angeles Dodgers righty, Trevor Bauer. According to reports during the Dodgers game against the Oakland Athletics, some of the balls Bauer threw had “visible markings.” and were “sticky” according to the umpires of the game. However, the league will not be able to prove if he doctored the balls himself–which would lead to no discipline. If he were to get disciplined, the MLBPA would challenge anything not covered by the current rulings.
- Friday: The Los Angeles Dodgers have placed outfielder Cody Bellinger on the 10-day IL with a left calf contusion. He suffered the injury against the Oakland Athletics after stepping on the foot of A’s reliever, Reymin Guduan, racing to first base.
- Saturday: The Los Angeles Angels placed veteran outfielder Dexter Fowler on the IL with a torn left ACL. He will undergo surgery and miss the remainder of the 2021 season.
- Sunday: The Philadelphia Phillies placed righty Archie Bradley on the 10-day IL with an oblique injury.
News and Notes
- Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that the Detroit Tigers placed veteran first baseman Miguel Cabrera on the 10-day IL due to a left biceps strain.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the St. Louis Cardinals have placed outfielder Tyler O’Neil on the 10-day IL due to a groin strain.
- The San Francisco Giants acquired infielder Thairo Estrada from the New York Yankees in exchange for cash considerations.
- According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich left the game against the St. Louis Cardinals in the 2nd inning due to back soreness. Third baseman Travis Shaw also left the game, and is day-to-day after suffering a right shin contusion.
- According to Fabian Ardaya of The Athletic, Los Angeles Angels infielder Anthony Rendon is dealing wih a sore left groin. He did not play in tonight’s game against the Kansas City Royals, and could be placed on the IL.